1. The sequence comes from DNA in hair snipped from two woolly mammoth s whose bodies have been preserved in Siberian permafrost for tens of thousands of years.
2. You're getting snipped, and that's final.
3. With the point of my scissors I snipped the confining threads to make the exit just a very little easier, and lo!
4. Each person is allotted a set span of years, a single thread of existence that is snipped with each passing year, the thread growing shorter and shorter.
5. Samson finally told Delilah and one night while he slept in her lap, she snipped off his crowning glory, leaving him helpless.
6. After which the mail was robbed in Peace; that magnificent potentate, the Lord Mayor of London, was made to stand and deliver on Turnham Green, by one highwayman, who despoiled the illustrious creature insight of all his retinue; prisoners in London gaols fought battles with their turnkeys, and the majesty of the law fired blunderbusses in among them, loaded with rounds of shot and ball; thieves snipped off diamond crosses from the necks of noble lords at Court drawing-rooms; musketeers went into St.