ugly英 [ˈʌgli] 美 [ˈʌɡli]比较级：uglier最高级：ugliest
1. The sky looks ugly.
2. What an ugly building!
3. The sky has an ugly look.
4. The situation looks ugly.
5. The crowd was in an ugly mood.
A：Do you think appearances are important?
B：If you’re superficial, appearances can be important.
A：Don’t you think everyone is a bit superficial?
B：I guess maybe a little. But in the end, it’s someone’s personality that’s important. Why do you ask?
A：I have a job interview tomorrow. I’m worried that someone more attractive than me will get the job.
B：You can’t be serious.
A：I’ve read many articles about how attractive people get higher salaries than ugly people.
B：You can’t believe everything you read.
A：I know, but I think it’s accurate to say that people like attractive people.
B：I guess that may be true sometimes, but I know that’s not always the case.
B：Well, I’m not particularly handsome, and I’ve got a great job!
1. 丑恶：这部小说不但(Not only)写出人性的丑恶(Ugly)(Ugly),并且写出了曰本商界的激烈(Fierce)竞争以及美国的社会问题. 又如<<太阳黑点>>,揭示了政界的黑暗,尾声以师冈因脑血栓发作成了废人,从而掩盖了==内阁官员下流无耻的真相.
1. The first son said that the tree was ugly, bent, and twisted.
2. I have a necklace I bought at the place I cheated on my husband. I wear it when he tells me I'm fat, ugly and stupid to remind me that someone once thought I was beautiful.
3. I know, I'm ugly.
4. He is ugly, but I still love him. He is my father.
5. Sometimes, I think, it is, but sometimes, it is ugly, I think
6. It is not just ugly; it is dangerous.
7. I mean, I'm not ugly, am I?
8. It`s free, but it`s ugly.
9. He has a daily beauty in his life that makes me ugly.
10. Margaret Drabble: A Natural Curiosity. It`s just a mean, cold, ugly, divided, tired, clapped-out, post-industrial slag-heap covered in polystyrene hamburger cartons.
11. Besides this world is short a woman is poor wretch's Qi yards accounted for nine-tenths of a woman, so there are a part of the women could become nuns, monks and nuns are nuns also another Bacheng was short and ugly, indeed, the fact is speak louder than words The!
12. In the mass movements our Party has a traditional tendency towards rank closed-doorism, haughty sectarianism, and adventurism; this ugly tendency hinders the Party in establishing an anti-Japanese national united front and winning over the majority of the masses.
13. L In the mass movements our Party has a traditional tendency towards rank closed-doorism, haughty sectarianism, and adventurism; this ugly tendency hinders the Party in establishing an anti-Japanese national united front and winning over the majority of the masses.
14. Are ugly, then many people can not be pardoned.
15. I don not think it is ugly, in contrast, it is beautiful.
16. The beautiful exists in contrast with the ugly.
17. In contrast, less ugly girls beautiful girls, arrogance, more a dash of rare tenderness.
18. The profits of state-owned enterprises and the ugly contrast, private profit is still thriving.
19. And because they frequently learn by ugly contrast, their instincts and the early teachings they got from their parents are sharpened against unfair practices, bully-ragging and swell-headedness.
20. His figure did not depend on Saint John's more common attributes– a hair shirt, leather belt, or a cross and scroll– but presented an unidealized nude figure which his contemporaries found improper, ugly, and shocking.
If you say that someone or something is ugly, you mean that they are very unattractive and unpleasant to look at.
e.g. ...an ugly little hat...
e.g. She makes me feel dowdy and ugly.
...the raw ugliness of his native city.
If you refer to an event or situation as ugly, you mean that it is very unpleasant, usually because it involves violent or aggressive behaviour.
e.g. There have been some ugly scenes...
e.g. The confrontation turned ugly.
...the subtlety and ugliness of sexual harassment.
3. to rear its ugly head -> see head
1. Instead I was confronted by the ugly reality of excessive alcohol consumption the minute my compatriot stumbled into my view.
2. America Ferrera of the campy Ugly Betty was named best actress in a comedy series.
3. Cast aside the images of large men and women that first enter your head when the topic of weight rears its ugly head.
4. " And the girls were ugly, " he added with a chuckle.
5. Chunky, but in an Ugly Betty way rather than an ugly way.
6. The ugly stepsister should not be able to take anything away from Cinderella's crowning moment.
7. Both San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich and Utah coach Jerry Sloan were still unhappy Tuesday about the ugly scene.
8. Wenger also made scathing comments about United striker van Nistelrooy who himself was banned for three games for an ugly tackle on Ashley Cole.
9. " Frog does not mean ugly and dinosaur is not an adjective, " according to the song.
10. The'Ugly Truth'actor is a huge fan of the sweet conserve his mother makes, and never leaves home without a jar of jam.