apologetic英 [əˌpɒləˈdʒetɪk] 美 [əˌpɑ:ləˈdʒetɪk]
1. She was apologetic for not keeping her promise.
2. He spoke in an apologetic voice.
1. 歉然：Elaine亦在传真内告知,前一晚曾与她母亲通电话,宋太太歉然(apologetic)未能及早通知我,爱玲女士大部分遗物都已转交台北皇冠出版社. 另外,宋家仍存留有两箱英文文稿,包括英译<<海上花>>及未完成的<<少帅>>......等,可以转赠给我.
2. 谦卑的,充满歉意的：- jocular 滑稽的, 诙谐的 | - apologetic 谦卑的,充满歉意的 | - conciliatory 安抚的,抚慰的
3. 道歉的, 急于认错的, 辩护的：Scientifically detached 学术上超然的, 学术上分离的, 科学态度冷淡的 | Apologetic 道歉的, 急于认错的, 辩护的 | Frustrated 挫折的, 挫败的, 无益的
4. 道歉的：apologete 护教学专家 | apologetic 道歉的 | apologetical 辩解的
1. In my view, a Van Tillian apologetic of the future should emphasize this principle even more than Van Til did.
2. Because of this child, I felt so thankful, so happy, and so apologetic, and my heart broke.
3. On television he looks apologetic and overwhelmed.
4. Do not be apologetic.
5. He was apologetic for speaking so boldly to his elders, but he felt compelled by the spirit within him to speak his mind.
6. It was there that Ron came in contact with the apologetic work of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, and set his sights on a career in academia.
7. It was written as an apologetic work to prove that the Church had produced learned men.
8. The apologetic works of Tertullian have been mentioned.
9. This is used when you've done something wrong and you feel very apologetic: I'm terribly sorry.
10. And I would rather not feel apologetic about it.
11. It shook him up and made him feel like making apologetic remarks, but he refrained.
12. But once I am inside my tailor's I immediately begin to feel apologetic.
13. Po: If you sacrifice so much for her, she will feel very apologetic after wakes up.
14. They feel apologetic toward the student.
15. Deep in his heart, he felt a surging enthusiasm, apologetic as well as appreciation.
16. Reuters: A Dutch thief left an apologetic letter and promised a donation after he realized he was burgling a charity that helps the poor and elderly.
17. If we are too apologetic about globalization, we can feed core irrationalities, instead of taming them.
18. Sa amounts to Mu case advocate rice of Du Lai of counsel for the defence makes a statement 9 days announce, with etc for Saddam 7 are the same as case the accused apologetic lawyer break down and Iraqi special law all contacts of front courtyard.
19. In an apologetic and self-defensive manner.
20. Fortunately, the north wind with winter apologetic, noisy peach and apricot season in March brought snow Ai, and gained some of my wishes.
If you are apologetic, you show or say that you are sorry for causing trouble for someone, for hurting them, or for disappointing them.
e.g. The hospital staff were very apologetic but that couldn't really compensate...
e.g. They were almost apologetic about the improvements they'd made...
'It's of no great literary merit,' he said, almost apologetically.
1. offering or expressing apology
e.g. an apologetic note
an apologetic manner