starvation英 [stɑ:ˈveɪʃn] 美 [stɑ:rˈveɪʃn]第三人称复数：starvations
1. The old woman died of starvation.
A：I don’t know what to do! I’ve been dieting for months and I just can’t seem to lose any weight!
B：Are you doing any exercise?
A：No, if I exercise, I get hungry, and then I end up eating too much.
B：I think that might be your problem.
B：Well, if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to exercise as well as watch what you eat.If you don’t eat enough, your body will start going into starvation mode.
A：So, what do you think I should do?
B：You should make sure to eat at least three meals a day. And, you make sure to eat a balanced diet—dairy, fruit, vegetables, meat or fish, and carbohy drates, like bread and pasta.
A：But I heard that if you just eat fruits and vegetables, you would lose weight quickly.
B：You might at first, but then you’ll get hungry and tired and you won’t be able to do much.
A：Maybe you’re right. I have been hungry and tired--and grumpy lately?
1. 饿死：adlock)的问题:哲学家用餐 (Dinging Philosophers) 问题 (2)→ 饿死(Starvation)的问题:→ 监督器是作业系统的一种结构它里面包含资料及程序(Procedure)并用来管→ 使用悬置(Blocking)及唤醒(Wakeup)之机制来安排处理元进入临界区间;
2. 饑餓狀態：研究动态行为系统的目的是考察系统是否公平(fair)、即是否可能会有某些服务处于饥饿状态(starvation)和系统是否含有浪费不用的冻结资源(frozen token).
1. Prolonged starvation and aging might lead to rejuvenation of embryogenic potential.
2. China's days of starvation are over.
3. Second of all, I hope that there will be less pollution and starvation.
4. China is still a very poor country, and starvation is still a big problem.
5. His father died of starvation in Germany.
6. Treated with 3 μmol. L-1 Nd(NO3)3 in Ca2 -deficient solution, the symptom of Ca2 starvation was relieved and the peroxidization process in rape was inhibited.
7. He thinks the delay in the introduction of flood-resistant GM rice, for example, has condemned many in the poor world to starvation.
8. With the prolongation of starvation, the activities of test enzymes decreased, w...
9. The aim of this paper was to investigate the sensitivity of steppe polecats to starvation risk by comparing their selection to constant and variable food patches under different starvation conditions through the two-choice test in the laboratory.
10. Tens of thousands of baby penguins face starvation after two giant icebergs broke off the Antarctic ice sheet and blocked their parents` way to feeding areas.
11. Sternochehetus oliuieri is an important quarantine pest in China. This paper generally described its distribution, damage, and some biological characters, then performed the starvation tolerance experiment of S. oliuieri intercepted in Vietnam entry mangoes.
12. It is in disput able that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure.
13. The daily feeding rate of Scylla serrata zoea 1(Z1), and the effect of feeding and starvation on growth and respiration of larvae were studied. The results showed that: the daily feeding rate of Z1 is increasing with the rise of the density of rotifer, but it has no obvious relation to the development phase.
14. Nearly half of them died from sickness and starvation because of the harsh winter.
15. Your body gets very nervous when it comes to starvation.
16. These people are living on the verge of starvation.