yet英 [jet] 美 [jɛt]
1. Has he finished the work yet?
2. My room is small yet cosy.
3. John is alive yet.
4. There is hope for her yet.
1. He is active, yet ill.
1. 转折：4 D 语句连贯词义比较 由前后句子的意义看,前后两句明显为转折(yet)关系. then那么,表示推理意义;thus因而, 从而,表示顺承关系;therefore因此, 所以,表示因果关系. 5 A 逻辑推理常识运用词义辨析 当汽车出了故障,作者就赶快去找他,
2. 而：然而(Yet)时光飞逝,又一立法年度即将结束,还没有任何加州人绝对(overwhelmingly)应得的重大改革通过. 鉴于此,并经过慎重考虑,我认为在此时没必要(unnecessary)签署这项法案.
1. That Black-chinned Fruit Dove was one of what is now only a very small number of resident/regular birds that I had yet to see in Taiwan, it was a new one for me and I was absolutely delighted at having been able to see it as I had no site for the species (though it did take a seven hour wait!).
2. And patients themselves often feel their role is to be heroic and to soldier on, against the odds, with yet anothetreatment or intervention.
3. Do you yearn for intimate relationships yet feel that you are too socially inept to obtain them?
4. We've all met people who are academically brilliant and yet are socially and inter-personally inept.
5. The score still was 1-0 when Wang encountered difficulty in the fourth. He walked the first three batters and yielded a single to Justin Morneau, yet was unscathed. First, Posada threw out Bartlett, the leadoff batter, attempting to steal and then, with the bases loaded, Rodriguez started a 5-4-3 double play with a nifty backhand stab.! q$ s a3? 5 R5 B
6. Administered; yet, notwithstanding, by the right use of this ordinance, the g race
7. It feels as though I've known you all my life, yet this magic is so new.
8. Have you done your chorse yet?
9. The onather place though the fishes were crawd but under the reefs, both fishes and reefs were mixed. I yet saw a sea eel but could not pictured it with nice effetion.
10. This you know I have power to do, and yet I forbear it.
11. His most critically and financially successful album as of yet is his third, Eight Dimensions.
12. Yet he can still give me a certain look across a restaurant table and I want to ask for the check and head home.
13. And yet, if we examine what happened to the Dionysian powers under the pressure of that treaty we notice a great difference: in the place of the Babylonian Sacaea, with their throwback of men to the condition of apes and tigers, we now see entirely new rites celebrated: rites of universal redemption, of glorious transfiguration.
14. We have, as yet, only glimpses into the fundamental causes of the common mental illnesses, and there are no biological tests to diagnose them.
15. Beginning January 28, it will be on view alongside the legendary Hope, a larger stone but a slightly more drab one, and yet a rock whose allure remains potent enough to have drawn five million visitors to the national collection last year.
16. You know, says he, the Children of Israel, though they rejoyc'd at first for their being deliver'd out of Egypt, yet rebell'd even against God himself that deliver'd them, when they came to want Bread in the Wilderness.
17. METHOD MAN: Because I`m not ready like that yet, I`m just an MC man.
18. The Druid of World of Warcraft was designed as a `Jack of All Trades` type of character – yet master of none.
19. Grammar a verb tense or other formation referring to events or states that have not yet happened.
20. Often, as I still lay at the bottom, and kept no more than an eye above the gunwale, I would see a big blue summit heaving close above me; yet the coracle would but bounce a little, dance as if on springs, and subside on the other side into the trough as lightly as a bird.
You use yet in negative statements to indicate that something has not happened up to the present time, although it probably will happen. You can also use yet in questions to ask if something has happened up to the present time. In British English the simple past tense is not normally used with this meaning of 'yet'.
e.g. They haven't finished yet...
e.g. No decision has yet been made...
You use yet with a negative statement when you are talking about the past, to report something that was not the case then, although it became the case later.
e.g. There was so much that Sam didn't know yet...
e.g. He had asked around and learned that Billy was not yet here.
英国英语中，yet和already通常用于现在完成时。例如，Have they said sorry or not yet（他们是否已经道过歉了），I have already started knitting baby clothes（我已经开始织婴儿衣服了）。这种用法在英国英语中越来越普遍。在美国英语中，一般使用过去时：I didn't get any sleep yet（我还没合过眼），She already told the neighbors not to come（她已经告诉邻居们不要过来了）。
If you say that something should not or cannot be done yet, you mean that it should not or cannot be done now, although it will have to be done at a later time.